These pan seared pork chops are the perfect one pan weeknight meal for one or two. They’re delicious, easy, and quick.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
How these pan seared pork chops fit into my lifestyle
I love this recipe because it requires minimal clean-up (hello one pan meals!), less than 20 minutes, and a few ingredients I have on hand. I used a previously frozen pork chop, breadcrumbs, and veggies I had on hand.
How they’ll make your life easier
It can sometimes be hard to look forward to a solo weeknight meal, but these pan seared pork chops are so easy and flavorful that you can’t not make them for yourself. This pan seared pork chop and veggies are the perfect super quick & easy supper. Double the recipe for quick leftovers.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
How do you make the breading
This breading is super easy, all you need is an egg, breadcrumbs, and Italian seasoning. No flour, no other seasonings, just a simple breading that requires 2 minutes of prep.
How to cook this pan seared pork chop AND veggies in one pan
Place the pork chop on an oiled cast iron skillet, add small chopped potatoes and fry for 6 minutes. Flip the pork chop, turn potatoes, and then add green beans or other vegetables. The pork and veggies will all be crispy with just 15 minutes of cooking time.
What will make this pork chop even tastier
Squeeze lemon juice over pork and vegetables, then top with parmesan cheese for the easiest, most flavorful dinner.
easy ways to repurpose this recipe
-Double the pork to have leftovers. They’re great on a salad.
-Cook up some pasta, add leftover vegetables and pork to the pasta.
Other Pork Recipes
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?
Let’s get chatty:
• What are your favorite quick dinner recipes?
• What would you add to these pan seared pork chops?
Pan Seared Pork Chops
- Cast iron skillet
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- cutting board
- TWO Small Mixing Bowls
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg scrambled
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs or panko
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pork chop
- 1 medium yukon gold potato chopped
- 1 large handful green beans washed, and trimmed
- 1/2 whole lemon
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place cast iron skillet on medium heat, add olive oil.
- Crack egg into a shallow bowl, whisk with a fork. Pour breadcrumbs and Italian seasoning into another shallow bowl. Dip pork chop into egg, flip and cover entire pork chop with egg. Then bread with breadcrumbs on both sides. Leave remaining breadcrumbs in the shallow dish. Once skillet is hot, place pork chop on skillet. Set a timer for 6 minutes. Add chopped potato to skillet. Stir potatoes occasionally.
- Flip pork chop once timer goes off, set timer for 6 minutes to cook the second side. Add sliced green beans and remaining breadcrumbs. Cook until pork is done, or to 145 degrees in the center.
- Add vegetables and pork chop to plate. Top with freshly squeezed lemon, parmesan cheese, and salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately
- Make sure to cut potatoes into small bite sized pieces, they’ll cook more quickly this way
- Swap out the vegetables with what you have on hand