This simple shaved zucchini salad with corn & feta cheese is refreshing, delicious, and perfect for a quick summer meal or a BBQ
This recipe was to be my 2nd food video……. but I could see my head in nearly every shot. That didn’t work. So I have no process shots to show you or a video to show you. Oh well, you live and you learn. And I really didn’t want to reshoot it.
I adapted this shaved zucchini salad with corn & feta recipe from an Epicurious recipe that my mom made all the time one summer. I LOVED it, it was fresh, tangy, and a great way to use up all the zucchini that my one zucchini plant has been producing. I will admit it does take some time to shave/peel the zucchini, but it’s well worth it. And if you have extra hands in the kitchen that’d be a great use of their hands.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
how this shaved zucchini salad with corn & feta fits into my lifestyle
This salad fits into my lifestyle because I’ve gotta eat up all the zucchini that just pops out of nowhere in my garden. I’ve been sauteeing it, and making bread out of it (this recipe is coming soon too! it’s delicious), annnnnddddddddd not much else. I needed a different recipe. This recipe is a great use of lots of zucchini, and it’s deliciously fresh. For a complete meal, I’d recommend serving pan fried shrimp and crusty bread with it. OMG this would be summer dining goals. And maybe finish it off with grilled peaches and ice cream.
This recipe, for me is so delicate and delicious that it forces me to slow down and really pay attention to the flavors. That automatically leads me to eat more mindfully. Enjoying every bite.
How it’ll make your life easier
Minimal ingredients, super easy dressing, and maximal flavor. To make this salad even easier, like to actually just take 3-5 minutes to throw together, I’d recommend grabbing some fresh zoodles. Sure they’ll be thicker, but it’ll save you time and that’s worth A LOT!
This is convenience food at it’s finest.
Quick Notes on This Recipe
- Need a faster version? Grab zoodles instead of a whole zucchini
- Make just enough to eat right away, this stores fine, but isn’t nearly as good after being refrigerated. Or dress each salad individually to save leftovers.
- Slice zucchini in half to make peeling easier
This simple shaved zucchini salad with corn and feta cheese is refreshing, delicious, and perfect for a quick summer meal or a BBQ
- 1 large zucchini about 2 pounds zucchini
- 1 cup corn fresh or thawed
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lightly salted unshelled sunflower seeds
- sprinkle red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
Using a peeler, peel zucchini ribbons, set in medium bowl. Add corn to zucchini.
Right before serving, add feta cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, sunflower seeds, and red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Let’s get chatty:
- Have you made a salad like this shaved zucchini salad with corn & feta?
- What are your favorite go-to summer salads?
Want tips to live your best live delivered straight to your inbox + a free15 minute dinners eCookbook?