This simple zucchini salad with feta cheese is refreshing, delicious, and perfect for a quick summer meal or a BBQ
This recipe was originally posted in August 2018. It has been updated for photos and content.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
I adapted this shaved zucchini salad with corn & feta recipe from an Epicurious recipe that my mom made all the time one summer. I LOVED it, it was fresh, tangy, and a great way to use up all the zucchini that my one zucchini plant has been producing. I will admit it does take a few minutes to shave/peel the zucchini, but it’s well worth it. And if you have extra hands in the kitchen that’d be a great use of their hands.
This recipe, for me is so delicate and delicious that it forces me to slow down and really pay attention to the flavors, it’s hands down my favorite of the zucchini salad recipes I’ve tried. That automatically leads me to eat more mindfully. Enjoying every bite.
How this shaved zucchini salad is gonna make your life easier
Minimal ingredients, super easy dressing, and maximal flavor. To make this salad even easier, like to actually just take 3-5 minutes to throw together, I’d recommend grabbing some fresh zoodles. Sure they’ll be thicker, but it’ll save you time and that’s worth A LOT!
This is convenience food at it’s finest.
Why I love this recipe
I love this recipe because it’s a simple celebration of some of the most delicious summer produce: zucchini & corn. The ingredients are simple-
- fresh or frozen corn
- feta cheese
- extra virgin olive oil
- lemon juice
- lightly salted unshelled sunflower seeds
- red pepper flakes
How to make this simple zucchini salad with feta
First step is to shave zucchini by slicing your zucchini in half, and then peeling one layer at a time off the zucchini with a vegetable peeler. Similar to how you’d peel carrots. Press down firmly, and know that they may not all be even slices, but that’s ok. You can also use a mandolin. I’ve used both, they’re equally easy. Once zucchini is cut, add 1/4 cup corn, 1 oz feta.
Make dressing by adding 1 tsp lemon juice & a pinch of red pepper flakes to 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Drizzle over salad before serving.
Season with salt and pepper to taste & enjoy.
Serve this salad at a BBQ or grill up a quick chicken breast or shrimp for a complete meal (+ a grain if you’re anything like me).
- Need a faster version? Grab zoodles instead of a whole zucchini
- Make just enough to eat right away, this stores fine, but isn’t nearly as good after being refrigerated. Or dress each salad before serving to save leftovers.
- Slice zucchini in half to make peeling easier
Is this salad good for leftovers?
Yes, but I’d recommend dressing it and adding the cheese before serving. It does get soggy in the fridge.
How can I save time on this recipe?
Get spiralized zucchini. I wouldn’t recommend just chopping it because this salad is very fresh and delicate because of the shaved zucchini.
Ways to repurpose this recipe
- Add to a green salad. This makes a great summer salad over spinach or another green
- Make extra dressing for chicken or shrimp
- Spread the feta on a slice of bread, add chicken or turkey, and the rest of the vegetables to turn this into a sandwich
Other recipes using zucchini
- Zucchini Bread
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl with Queso (ok it’s not in the recipe, but would be great with shaved or sauteed zucchini)
did you make this zucchini salad with feta? leave me a comment to share how it turned out!
Easy Zucchini Salad with Feta
- vegetable peeler
- cutting board
- small mixing bowl
- serving bowl
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1/2 large zucchini
- 1/4 cup corn fresh or thawed
- 1 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lightly salted unshelled sunflower seeds
- sprinkle red pepper flakes or to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
- Using a peeler, peel 1/2 zucchini into ribbons, set in medium bowl. Add 1/4 c corn to zucchini.
- Right before serving, add 1 oz feta cheese, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, & sunflower seeds, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.