Skip the long line by making this easy and heathy Starbucks copycat passion tea lemonade. Plus, you’ll save money by making it at home.
This summer has been so hot in Utah. As much as I love water, especially when it’s refreshingly cold, well… it gets boring. Super boring. That’s where flavored lemonades have saved hydration.
Last fall, at Blog Brulee, I was introduced to this weird idea of combining tea with lemonade. As an avid lemonade LOVER, I’m looking for any way to add some flavor, sweetness, and excitement to lemonade. Tea is the perfect way to add a punch of flavor without a bunch of added sugar.
Just last year, I was faced with the harsh reality of how much added sugar is in a tasty (and tart-that’s why I was so surprised) homemade lemonade. Like more than most sodas. eek. Now, don’t get confused with this avoidance talk. I love a good tangy, sugary homemade lemonade, and I could drink them all the time. But, I want to taste the sweetness of the drink… and enjoy it.
Enter tea sweetened lemonade, or really lemonade sweetened tea. It’s a great way to cool off from the heat AND get the tasty antioxidants found in tea. Plus, it’s delicious. You get the tartness and brightness of the tea + lemonade without being sickly sweet.
Here’s the recipe where you can make your own homemade lemonade or use your own tried-and-true favorite pre-made lemonade.
one last thing…. I’ve been practicing my pour shot. dyyyyinnng over how this shot turned out. bubbles and all. If you’re a food blogger & want to improve your food photography, join my free Facebook support group.
Starbucks Copycat Passion Tea Lemonade
- Mug or water jug
- Wooden Spoon
- Measuring Cups
- 1 cup water
- 1 passion tea bag
- 1/3 cup favorite lemonade
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil. Steep passion tea bag in the water for 3-4 minutes. Remove tea bag.
- Measure out 1/3 cup lemonade, pour into passion tea. Mix together. Add ice or refrigerate to cool drink down.
- My favorite passion tea is Tazo Tea brand. Use whatever brand you like best.
- To make a quart of this drink, bring 3 cups of water to a boil, and use 3 tea bags, or a larger one. Add 1-1 1/4 cup of lemonade to the tea.
- My favorite lemonade brand is Newman's Own (it's Good Housekeeping's too!). Use your favorite lemonade in this recipe. You can make your own by adding 1 part lemon juice, 1 part sugar, and 6 parts water then adjust from there.
Check out my wild blueberry tea smoothie. See, tea is great 🙂
Fill this out to get more recipe inspiration straight to your inbox.
Now, let’s get chatty:
- What’s your go-to refresher in the summer?