These black bean veggie tacos are hands down the easiest and most delicious 10 minute dinner. All you need to do is scour your fridge and pantry for a few essentials: grab a can of black beans, whatever veggies you have on hand, some rice, cheese and your favorite salsa and you’re set with a super easy and delicious dinner.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
How will these veggie tacos make your life easier?
Tacos (can) make a super easy dinner. Use up leftover protein, veggies, and whatever else you have on hand. Buy pre chopped veggies, and precooked meat OR canned beans for super speedy assembly.
For example, make up this Instant Pot pulled pork to throw in a taco + so many other dishes, make easy & freezable breakfast tacos, use leftover roasted chicken, or switch up your taco game with these easy fish tacos with white sauce & orange salsa. You’re welcome.
What makes these tacos so good?
- Corn or flour tortillas
- Brown rice
- Black beans
- Bell pepper
- Red cabbage
- Cilantro leaves
How do I make black bean tacos?
The first step is to grab a few veggies, cheese, rice out of the fridge, and then the beans from the pantry. Once you have all the ingredients, top your corn or flour tortilla with a spoonful of cooked rice (heat up your rice if you’d like it warm).
Expert tip: you don’t need to use the exact amounts of each ingredient in this recipe, just add spoonfuls to your taco.
Then you’ll add a spoonful of black beans on top of the rice. You can heat up the black beans in the microwave before adding them to your taco, if you’d like them warm.
After you have the rice & beans on the tortilla, add cabbage, cheese, and salsa or any other toppings you have.
Expert tip: just use whatever vegetables you have on hand, cabbage, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, radishes are a few examples.
If you’ve got avocados on hand, make sure to top these tacos with 3 Ingredient Guacamole. It’ll take your tacos up like 5 notches in deliciousness.
- Use whatever vegetables you have on hand, cabbage, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, radishes are a few examples.
- You don’t need to use the exact amounts of each ingredient in this recipe, just add spoonfuls to your taco.
What vegetables are good with tacos?
Lots of vegetables are great with, OR IN tacos. just use whatever vegetables you have on hand, cabbage, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, radishes are a few examples.
What are tacos made out of?
Tacos are a traditional Mexican dish. They can be made out of so many ingredients and with many different flavors, not just Mexican. Tacos traditionally include some type of protein (the options are endless), veggies, cheese, salsa, and a squeeze of lime. They don’t have to include all these ingredients though.
How can I repurpose these black bean tacos?
- Make tortilla soup. Add the rice, beans, some corn, and other frozen veggies to veggie or chicken stock + some salsa for an easy soup
- Turn it into this hearty bean & bacon soup. Just throw the rice in for good measure.
- Make a quesadilla
- Make a burrito bowl with the easiest homemade queso
[This recipe was originally posted in February 2017. It has been updated with new cooking instructions, expert tips, FAQ, related recipes, video and ways to repurpose/use up ingredients]
Did you make these veggie tacos? Leave me a comment & rating to share how they turned out!
Black Bean Tacos
- can opener
- 3 taco sized tortillas corn or flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1/4 whole bell pepper sliced
- large handful shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon favorite cheese
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves
- 1 whole lime quartered
- Layer ingredients on top of tacos with salsa and cheese last. Enjoy
- Rice & black beans can be heated up until warm or eaten cold.
- Just use whatever vegetables you have on hand, cabbage, onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, radishes are a few examples.
- No need to measure out ingredients, just use a spoon to spoon each ingredient on the tortilla and eat with a fork if it’s too big to eat with your hands.