This triple berry smoothie with granola is my go to smoothie. It’s delicious, easy, and made with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen.
PIN HERE to add to your recipe box.
When I was a freshman in college, I had a dining card that I could use at the dining hall or a bunch of campus eateries. If I had time in the morning, I’d go to the student center and wait for a Jamba Juice. My favorite morning one was one of their new (at that time) smoothies with sliced banana and granola on top. It was so delicious and satisfying. Strawberries, other ingredients, and this sweet crunchy topping…… it was heaven. I dreamed of that smoothie when I no longer had my dining card because I wasn’t about to go spending $4-5 on breakfast when I had perfectly good cereal or yogurt at home. But luckily, I quickly realized that they used the same granola I’d been buying at Costco, so I was a huge step closer to being able to make it on my own.
how this triple berry smoothie with granola fits into my lifestyle
Whenever I decide to make a smoothie, I end up throwing up a bunch of ingredients into my blender, and cross my fingers that it works out. It’s been a long time since I looked up a recipe and followed it. My smoothies almost always end up looking something like this triple berry smoothie with granola. That’s because it’s got delicious frozen berries, a banana, and other ingredients I actually have on hand. Because let’s be honest, I’m not driving to the store to get any specific ingredients just for a smoothie. Smoothies are supposed to be fast and accessible. And I make sure that my smoothies are just that.
Another reason I love smoothies is that it’s a great way to use up leafy greens (particularly spinach and kale) bananas, and other fruit before it goes bad. Bruised fruit? You literally can’t tell. Here’s to another way to reduce food waste.
How it’ll make your life easier
Smoothies are great because they *can* be one of those grab and dump recipes. Ya know, like you grab your tub of yogurt and dump some in, you grab your bag of frozen fruit and dump it in, you dump spinach leaves in, and some milk. Get it? it’s awesome!
Quick Notes on This Recipe
- I used Dannon Light & Fit original vanilla Greek yogurt (client) in this smoothie, but you can use plain, or flavored, or whatever type of Greek yogurt you’d like
- If you use plain yogurt, I’d recommend adding a dash of vanilla extract
- I added spinach to this because I had a bag I needed to use up, this smoothie is also great with kale or no greens.
- Frozen berries are bae in this recipe. They add the extra coldness & creaminess that I crave in smoothies
Are you a huge smoothie fan? Here are a few other smoothies I love-
Triple Berry Smoothie with Granola
- 2/3 cup yogurt if using plain + 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 large handful spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup milk of choice more if you like a thin smoothie
- 1/4 cup granola I used Nature's Path Pumpkin Flax granola
- Layer yogurt, banana, frozen berries, spinach, and milk into blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glass and top with granola. Enjoy
Let’s get chatty:
- Have you tried adding granola to your smoothie, like in this triple berry smoothie with granola?
- What’s your favorite smoothie to make?